Click here to see the council committees and other boards that I sit on.
I was born and raised in southeast Denver. My husband and I - along with our siblings - are all graduates of Thomas Jefferson High School. I have a BA in Political Science and History and an MA in History, both from the University of Colorado. Knowing that southeast Denver is a special and unique part of our city, my husband and I have raised our three children here - each one of them is a DPS grad as well.
Southeast Denver is our home and an integral part of who I am. I spent my childhood summers riding my bike along the Highline Canal in Eisenhower Park, swimming at Eastmoor Pool and hanging out at Tamarac Square. Today is not much different for me: I run along the Highline, shop at King Soopers, and eat at Piccolo's and the Bagel Deli. I am proud to live in southeast Denver and will work to ensure that it remains one of the best parts of the city.
Over the course of two decades, I’ve built a solid reputation as an engaged and involved citizen. I am not partisan, nor am I a party activist. I’m a results-driven professional who brings people together to find commonsense solutions. At different times in my career, I have made my living (and volunteered my time) in the non-profit, education, community outreach and business realms.
My professional and community accomplishments prior to becoming a Council member include:
- Co-Chair, Denver Public Schools 2012 $466 million Bond Oversight Committee
- State Coordinator, National History Day in Colorado, University of Colorado Denver, Department of History
- Expanded statewide participation by 25%
- Increased donations and grants by 400%
- Developed city and statewide partnerships
- Organizer and Director, Greening of Slavens Field
- Led the effort and raised private funds to transform a 2.5-acre barren field into a neighborhood park, playfield, playground, and community garden.
- Founder and organizer, Thomas Jefferson High School Alumni Association
- Planned 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Founded Hall of Fame
- Led effort to dedicate athletic field to Coach Herman Motz
- Community Outreach, Thomas Jefferson High School
- Led outdoor beautification, including planting trees, landscaping, outdoor table installation and multiple community service days.
- TJ Partners Board Member
- Developed marketing, PR and community outreach materials and plan
- Community Relations & Outreach Coordinator, George Washington High School
- Interim Development Director & Fundraising Manager, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Director of Safety and Compliance, Colorado Paint Company
- Geography Instructor, Slavens School
- Co-Chair, Denver Public Schools Community Planning Advisory Committee
- Board Chair, Colorado Student Leadership Institute
- Board Member, Colorado Governor’s Residence Preservation Fund
- Colorado Master Gardener
- Tutor and mentor to underprivileged and immigrant students
- Committee Member, Denver Days