I was born and raised in southeast Denver. My husband and I - along with our siblings - are all graduates of Thomas Jefferson High School. I have a BA in Political Science and History and an MA in History, both from the University of Colorado. Knowing that southeast Denver is a special and unique part of our city, my husband and I have raised our three children here - each one of them is a DPS graduate as well.
Southeast Denver is our home and an integral part of who I am. I spent my childhood summers riding my bike along the High Line Canal in Eisenhower Park, swimming at Eastmoor Pool and hanging out at Tamarac Square. Today is not much different for me: I run along the High Line, shop at King Soopers, and eat at Piccolo's and the Bagel Deli. I am proud to live in southeast Denver and am working to ensure that it remains one of the best parts of the city.
Over the course of two decades, I’ve built a solid reputation as an engaged and involved citizen. I am not partisan, nor am I a party activist. I’m a results-driven professional who brings people together to find commonsense solutions. At different times in my career, I have worked in the non-profit, education, community outreach and business realms. My personal and professional experience and relationships laid the foundation for my role as a member of the Denver City Council.
I ran for Denver City Council in 2015 to advocate for southeast Denver and the 57,000+ people who live in District 4. As your council representative, this is what I have done every day that I’ve been in office.
Of course, much of my time is also spent on citywide issues and legislation. I am a moderate and pragmatic voice on the Council. I serve on these committees and boards:
- Business, Arts, Workforce & Aeronautical Services Council Committee
- Finance & Governance Council Committee
- Marijuana Council Committee (Chair)
- Denver’s State Legislative Policy Group
- Council Mobility Work Group
- Council Urban Design Work Group
- Marijuana Advisory Council
- Marijuana Social Consumption Task Force, Chair
- Colorado Municipal League, Executive Board
- Scientific & Cultural Facilities District, Board Member
- High Line Canal Conservancy, Board Member
- High Line Canal Working Group
- Denver South Economic Development Partnership & Transportation Management Association, Board of Directors
- Transportation Solutions, Board of Directors
- Governor’s Residence Preservation Fund, Board
- Children’s Cabinet Sub-Committee (child welfare)
You can read more here: https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/denver-council-district-4.html